PDA

View Full Version : Evolution

fitsnips
01-19-2003, 10:54 AM
It would be nice if Evolution was included. Not sure what would have to be done with Ximian to get it done.

Joshua SS Miller

Jeremiah Cornelius
01-19-2003, 08:46 PM
It would be nice if Evolution was included. Not sure what would have to be done with Ximian to get it done.

Well, Evolution is GPL software - so the Ximian's need not be involved at all. Not to say that Miguel and Nat wouldn't be glad about the inclusion of Evolution into Knoppix - or any distribution, for that matter!

dvessey
01-19-2003, 11:17 PM
well, the evolution package itself is almost 25 megs, plus the other packages it's dependant on. I don't think it's really necessary in Knoppix, but you're always free to customize it to your heart's content :D

sireasoning
01-21-2003, 05:39 AM
I love kmail but evolution seems to be alot more solid and fast when doing imap(s). I understand that Gnome is already installed so it should not take too much additional packages... but I do understand that it takes up a bit of space. Maybe substitute Phoenix for Mozilla?

Evolution's benefits is that it is a decent pim also. It is still one of the better client-side pims that I have run across in Linux.

seth
08-17-2003, 09:33 PM
If I remember Evolution was already included in Knoppix - at least in 2003 CeBIT version - together with OpenOffice and KDE and Gnome and .... It's a pitty that it's not part of standard release now. What about removing other unimportant stuff like those games ... and include Evolution ?? :roll:

That would be cool 8)

seth

qa1433
08-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Dito!

Superstoned
08-26-2003, 08:20 PM
for me, I prefer KDE-only software - no evolution, no open-office, no mozilla. which whould save alot space too... but I think I should make a remaster myself to have this. which migt take some time, cuz I just started with linux ;-)