01-19-2003, 10:29 PM
It's find Eth0, but no connection.
How do i proceed? :cry:

Loper
01-20-2003, 01:51 AM
<snip>
How do I proceed?
</snip>

Where do you live? Who is your provider? What's your network card model? Which brand/model of DSL modem? This is needed information.

legolas
01-20-2003, 11:52 PM
same problem here
I live in the netherlands, rotterdam, provider xs4all. I use an Speedtouch USB ADSL modem, it is detected as an usb device, but i cannot make a connection. First time i tried linux, so dont know much about it :oops:

CeesB
01-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Legolas wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
same problem here
I live in the netherlands, rotterdam, provider xs4all. I use an Speedtouch USB ADSL modem, it is detected as an usb device, but i cannot make a connection. First time i tried linux, so dont know much about it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why don't you look first at the 'Documentation' and 'KnoppixFAQ' at the Knoppix-site?
You will find tons of answers (even for questions you did not think about asking yet) :wink:

http://howto.htlw16.ac.at/at-highspeed-howto-2.html
http://members.aon.at/gweb/gweb/linux/speedtouch.html

Die ComputerTotaal! heeft wel wat teweeg gebracht :P

CeesB

RealNitro
01-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Die ComputerTotaal! heeft wel wat teweeg gebracht :P

yep, zelfs in België. En ik heb hetzelfde probleem als jullie.

penguin
02-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Same issue here, it detects the network card as eth0, but that's all...
I don't understand why I can't simply configure the TCP/IP settings for the network card (eth0) as I've been able to do in any other Linux/BSD I've tried (FreeBSD, Slackware, Redhat, Mandrake)? I don't need any login etc procedures, so I have no idea what this ADSL configuration tool wants to do? I should be able to just set the IP, gateway, subnet mask and name servers for eth0 but I can't seem to do it anywhere :(

penguin
02-01-2003, 01:25 AM
Forget it, problem solved :wink:
I was simply using the wrong config program :oops:

katolo
02-06-2003, 01:18 AM
penguin.... how did u solve it... which program did u use?

Radiowriter
02-06-2003, 05:34 PM
penguin.... how did u solve it... which program did u use?
Yes, please! :?

penguin
02-08-2003, 09:25 PM
I used the network configuration tool in the Knoppix Tools folder in the KDE 'start menu'...

Myrgamez
02-15-2003, 06:23 PM
K thanx ill see if this helps for me to(printed it )
:oops:

now i can build :twisted: HYPNOTIX :twisted:

rununix
02-15-2003, 07:16 PM
You can use netcardconfig with information from you cable company(or if you run winXP just do a ipconfig /all at DOS prompt to get information)
netcardconfig did it for me on several installs with cable and DSL

Myrgamez
02-15-2003, 07:31 PM
i looked @ the site of my provide xs4all and they linked to this site http://www.adsl4linux.nl/ and guess what... here you can download an dutch autoinstall for the dutch mxtream users that use kpn :D i whis i had knopwn this yesterday

Myrgamez
02-15-2003, 07:35 PM
soory for the misspellf BTW, i need to learn how 2 typ :oops: