PDA

View Full Version : X display problem

Ancer
08-20-2003, 06:47 PM
When in the control center and click xdisplay nothing happend i cant see any thin i change my display properties im stuck w/ knoppix resolution its knoppix 3.2

rickenbacherus
08-20-2003, 08:31 PM
If you're using Knoppix by booting from cd then you might try entering the resolution at the boot prompt like so:

boot: knoppix screen=1024x768 plus any other cheat codes you may need to boot properly. Also, you may need to enter a parameter for your video card. For example if you have an Nvidia card you could add xmodule=nv to the boot line.

Ancer
08-20-2003, 08:59 PM
I have hd install it but just cant used the xdisplay properties. i was able to doit in cd boot but not when install.

rickenbacherus
08-20-2003, 09:50 PM
I don't recommend using the Xdisplay properties in the Control Center. It always borked things pretty good for me. There are a few things you can do. The easiest is to boot the Knoppix cd and copy the XF86Config-4 file it creates to your hdd install. It usually works quite well. Or you could copy the info from the Knoppix cd XF86Config-4 file and compare it to the one on your hdd install. Here's a post (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2006#9379) on how to do that. If you can't get that to work post some hardware details and your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file please.