PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problem w/ knoppix/debian

Banko
08-22-2003, 03:02 AM
After doign and hd install, tinkering tweaking everything installing gnome, downloading the kernel source, recompiling it, and all this tweaking i got a problem. Whenever I have 2 applications that need sound, it never works, one application freesez. My main problem is quake 3 and using Xmms at the same time. my sound card is a c-meida 8738 onboard sound card from a chain tech7njs ultra mobo. I read about full duplex, and I know it supports it, because i can do the same in other linux distro's suse/redhat, and of course winblows. After searching around here i read that i should reinstall and use knoppix alsa to boot from with the boot cd, and do a knx-hdinstall alsa, alsa configured everythign correctly, but the same problem still exists. I have no idea what to do. I'm thinking it could be the xfs kernel, because in other distro's everythign works fine I can play quake 3, while listenign to mp3's in xmms, and same in windows except with winamp. so can anyone please help me!

fingers99
08-23-2003, 03:20 AM
Try running quake and then starting Xmms from a terminal. Any interesting error messages?

Alternatively, there is an Alsa list, and the developers may have some ideas.