PDA

View Full Version : remove all window manager expect KDE

ghai
01-20-2003, 02:17 AM
remove all window manager expect KDE,then add more multimedia software or games

sjborch
01-23-2003, 01:41 AM
One of the nice characteristics of Knoppix is the choices that we have. While a fan of KDE, having smaller and quicker windowmanagers is a nice feature.

Ian Tindale
01-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Remove all games - that'll give more room for useful things, like digital audio.

mudge
02-09-2003, 08:21 PM
while partial to gnome 2.2. right now, limiting choice isn't what linux is about. however, if you wanted to create your own cd and remove the other wm's then by all means, that's a choice you have.

seeing this, i plan to either find someone to remove all wm's except gnome 2.2 -or- kde....

however... if the knoppix team decided to do this for us, i'm sure it would kick ass even more so considering they're the ones' who designed it :D

god
02-09-2003, 10:48 PM
part of the bueaty of knoppix (and linux) is the fact that no one limits you. knoppix is a good test drive for linux and allows people to test options... limiting would be bad unless required...

paulcooke
02-10-2003, 06:55 PM
remove all window manager expect KDE,then add more multimedia software or games

No. One of the great beauties of the Knoppix CD is the ability to use it on just about all hardware even down to lowly P150's. And below if I'm not mistaken :)

If _you_ want to strip out the other window managers and add games then do it yourself and cut your own version. it will then be up to _YOU_ to keep your own customisation of Knoppix going and you can then drag in the support of other like minded people.

Just don't try and force _your_ preferences for window manager onto others...