PDA

View Full Version : Delay/Timeout when acessing "/mnt/" directory

ollisoft
08-23-2003, 06:31 AM
Hello,
everytime I mount hd-partitions (Linux or Win) and try to access the /mnt/ folder with the Konquerer by simply clicking the Icon it says: "Verzögerung" and the system won't response for a few minutes.

Where does this delay come from? Is there any possibility to change the delay time?

Thanks in advance!

smellysock
11-20-2003, 08:26 PM
I have the same problem after hdd installation, only the system doesnt recover after konquerer hangs.--i have to hit power switch and reboot-- Is there a way to disable automount to solve this? Is knoppix broken or is it a bug on knoppix?

smellysock
11-23-2003, 03:38 AM
"everytime I mount hd-partitions (Linux or Win) and try to access the /mnt/ folder with the Konquerer by simply clicking the Icon it says: "Verzögerung" and the system won't response for a few minutes. "

I finally fixed this bug on my machine.

To fix it, I just load the vmlinuz with GRUB (not LILO) as the bootloader. I can now access the /mnt/ folder with konqueror when i boot with grub but not lilo. LILO still buggers it :shock: and the system freezes when i go into the /mnt/ folder with knoquerer. NO idea why, maybe someting is wrong with the appends in my lilo.conf.
BTW, i'm using a custom/reconfigured kernel that's been patched with the latest (october2003) acpi patch so it will run on my compaq presario 3000 laptop. Maybe that has someting to do with it .

Hasse
12-18-2003, 03:44 AM
I always thought it had something to do with the non-existing floppy on my system, witch it tried to auto-mount...