PDA

View Full Version : Bootfloppy with intergrated parameter

Mr. Lee
08-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Hi,

I have a problem to connet the internet with my ADSL modem.
I finally found out what the cause was. I have to type the line "KNOPPIX NOAPIC" when booting from de CD.
But I only type the line when I am using a PS/2 keyboard. With a usb keyboard is this impossible.
I like to work with my usb keyboard. So, the solution may be to boot up with a floppy where the line is intergrated.
Is ther anyone who can tell me which file in the bootfloppy have to take and how to put the line into that file. Please with exsample. I am not an experienced user.
Thanks.

Harry Kuhman
08-24-2003, 02:33 AM
I like to work with my usb keyboard. So, the solution may be to boot up with a floppy where the line is intergrated.

Don't you have to type something to use a bootfloppy? I would like the ability to use a boot floppy, or a boot UBS flash drive, or even a file or partition on the hard drive, but if you have to type knoppix floppyconfig or knoppix myconf=/dev/sda1 or even knoppix myconf=scan from the keyboard first it pretty much defeats what you want to be able to do. I personally wish the knoppix myconf=scan was a default behaviour rather than something that had to be typed in.

Mr. Lee
08-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Yes, I still have to type "KNOPPIX NOAPIC" when I boot up with the floppy. But I can only do that with a PS/2 keyboard! I can't type anything during the boot up with a USB keybord! That why I want to know how and where I have to put the parameter in the bootfloppy; then I can use the USB keyboard without putting any parameter during the boot up.