PDA

View Full Version : Problems with demo linux..........

cowmamba
08-25-2003, 02:41 AM
yes.. I am haveing problem's with demo linux i dono if anyone else has it but i am haveing problem's with getting connected to the net.. with it
for some odd reson ??? i can just fine with knoppix i have a u.s. robotict's modem and for somereson demo linux doesent seem to reconize it or something...

and i cant go in under root to do pppconfig because i'd prolly be connected if i did it that way but instead when i hit Ctrl+Alt+F2 it has a different kinnda "shell" it is demo linux login and i login and i get in but i still dono what to do...

any help??? i just cant get online with that so i dono oll well i like knoppix i was just wondering ...... thanks....

cowmamba
08-25-2003, 10:19 PM
also is there any web forums for demo linux ????

i cant find any that's why i posted here and so on....

thanks once again

OH!!! and also when it is booting i noticed it see's my modem and it says that it is mounting modem to /dev/ttys0 so when i set up my connection i set it to ttys0 but still nothing thanks....

cowmamba
09-12-2003, 01:43 AM
Still haveing problems with it anyone have any help on this topic ? iam just wondering thanks

Superstoned
09-12-2003, 01:56 AM
I'm sorry, I dont know anything 'bout demolinux, and it looks like others dont know it either. Why do you want to use it anyway ;)

you might try the main website for a forum, or faq. or google it...

good luck!

cowmamba
09-13-2003, 01:08 AM
well i like knoppix better but i do like some of the stuff it has on it and i would just like to get on with it also so if i need to then i can get on but oll well i guess and i went to thier site and there isent mutch support there and i havent google'd it yet but i will thanks though...

A. Jorge Garcia
09-13-2003, 01:18 AM
Is demolinux that French distro? I seem to remember trying it out before KNOPPIX V2.2 and that they had a message board that was half in French and half in English. Where did you download from? Wasn't it their site? You should be able to find it via yahoo....

Good Luck,

A. Jorge Garcia
09-13-2003, 01:20 AM
Here ya go:

http://www.demolinux.org/old_index.html

Regards,