PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Linux Customise

Onion
08-25-2003, 03:06 AM
People,
I am investigating the possalilty of using Pilot Linux (http://www.pilotlinux.nl/) for client PCs on our corporate network. To do this, I would need the following things customised for IT Management to consider it. I have searched for most of these things, but am not a Linux / Knoppix guru, and would appreciate any help. Here we go...

What would you recommend for minimum hardware spec on the client desktops (processor / memory / video) using Pilot ?

Has anyone tried Pilot or Knoppix with the Via Eden platform ?

Could the boot screen image be replaced with (our) corporate logo ?

Could the distribution be made to NOT eject the CD when reseting ?

Could the distribution be made to Power Off, rather than reset ?

Could the distribution be made to not ask for 'enter' to be pressed when booting - just boot, and display the login for the MS Terminal Server ?

How could the distribution be made to provide a different hostname each time booting to the MS Terminal Server ?

I have emailed these questions to the link on the website - but haven't received any reply as yet.

Thanks in advance,
Onion...

hecker
11-07-2003, 06:15 PM
People,
I am investigating the possalilty of using Pilot Linux for client PCs on our corporate network. To do this, I would need the following things customised for IT Management to consider it. I have searched for most of these things, but am not a Linux / Knoppix guru, and would appreciate any help. Here we go...

What would you recommend for minimum hardware spec on the client desktops (processor / memory / video) using Pilot ?
>> I've tested it with Pentium I / 64 MB / Vesa compatible

Has anyone tried Pilot or Knoppix with the Via Eden platform ?
>> Yes, we use it on those platforms

Could the boot screen image be replaced with (our) corporate logo ?
>> yes, we've at boot time our company logo on the screen

Could the distribution be made to NOT eject the CD when reseting ?
>> yes, that is also possible to do so, but why, don't write it on a flash
>> memory and boot fom that one?

Could the distribution be made to Power Off, rather than reset ?
>> not tested

Could the distribution be made to not ask for 'enter' to be pressed when booting - just boot, and display the login for the MS Terminal Server ?
>> not tested

How could the distribution be made to provide a different hostname each time booting to the MS Terminal Server ?
>> via bootp or dhcp

I have emailed these questions to the link on the website - but haven't received any reply as yet.
>> now you've got one reply!

Thanks in advance,
Onion...

>> hope this helps
:D