PDA

View Full Version : KVM Causes Mouse to disappear

Crisis
08-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Booted up the latest Knoppix CD and it looks great! One problem is that I am booting this on a machine that shares a keyboard monitor and mouse with my main work machine.

If I use the KVM to switch to my main machine, the mouse doesn't work when I get back. The keyboard works fine, is there any keyboard shortcut I can use to re-probe the mouse or anything? Thanks!

kaplanfx
08-25-2003, 11:24 PM
I am using a linksys (I think) KVM at home (at work now :) and I thought I was having the same problem. My KVM switched by pressing scroll lock twice. After some fooling around I realized that when it seemed like it was frozed I often neede to press the scroll lock button one more time. Also I've noted that booting linux while switched to the other system == bad, so I always have to sit an watch linux boot (windows doesn't seem to have this problem), hope it helps you :)

-Kaplanfx

Pixelman
08-25-2003, 11:28 PM
Are you using a wheelmouse I had a similar problem with a wheelmouse and I fixed it by using the cheatcode at boot "knoppix nowheelmouse" when I switch back to the knoppix machine it takes a few seconds to become active but after that it is fine.

This may or may not work as different hardware have slight variations on standards so you may need to try a different brand/model mouse and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards
Pete