08-26-2003, 12:00 AM
Hi,
Can anyone tell me the path to Java executable for the
Konqueror 3.1.0 program?
Thanks.
Jorge

A. Jorge Garcia
08-26-2003, 12:12 AM
Are you referring to the JVM or the JDK?

Regards,

JAlvoeiro
08-26-2003, 12:58 AM
Hi,
Well, both JVM and JDK. This way I can try which one works
best with the Konquerer
Thanks.
Jorge

Are you referring to the JVM or the JDK?

Regards,

A. Jorge Garcia
08-26-2003, 01:18 AM
Maybe what I should have asked is what do you want to do with java. Also, what does this have to do with Knoqueror.

If you're looking for the java jvm plugin, its already there for Konqueror. If you need to write programs with the jdk, use gcj.

Regards,

JAlvoeiro
08-26-2003, 01:52 AM
Hi,

I just want to write the Java's path on the Java & JavaScript
location in the Konqueror's setup if you know where it is.
Otherwise thanks for the small chit-chat.
Jorge

Maybe what I should have asked is what do you want to do with java. Also, what does this have to do with Knoqueror.

If you're looking for the java jvm plugin, its already there for Konqueror. If you need to write programs with the jdk, use gcj.

Regards,

Stephen
08-26-2003, 02:17 AM
Try whereis java it will return a list of path's more than likely it is in /usr/bin like everything else if it shows a couple of executables which java to see which one is in use.

A. Jorge Garcia
08-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Well there's the gcj java compiler which is part of the GCC collection (GNU port of several compilers including SUN's Java SDK). ALso, there's Blackdown Java which is a GNU port of SUN's JVM.

Regards,
A. Jorge Garcia
calcpage@lycos.com
http://calcpage.tripod.com
http://www.geocities.com/calcpage2000/pub

PS: I don't know why the forum isn't printing sig files. I had to cut and paste this one from my profile....

baldyeti
08-26-2003, 04:56 PM
Well, both JVM and JDK. This way I can try which one works best with the Konquerer
The 'java' jre lives under /usr/bin, thus on the default path. No need to explicitly set it.
Applets work both with konqueror and mozilla (currently Blackdown-1.4.1-01is bundled).

A. Jorge Garcia
08-26-2003, 05:57 PM
Well, both JVM and JDK. This way I can try which one works best with the Konquerer
The 'java' jre lives under /usr/bin, thus on the default path. No need to explicitly set it.
Applets work both with konqueror and mozilla (currently Blackdown-1.4.1-01is bundled).

Well, I suppose by JVM I meant JRE (which includes the JVM). And that's what I said before, Konqueror is already JVM enabled.

Regards,

JAlvoeiro
08-26-2003, 09:43 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the tip. In fact I was using the find command rather
than whereis which the right one for this situation.
Thanks again.
Jorge

Well, I suppose by JVM I meant JRE (which includes the JVM). And that's what I said before, Konqueror is already JVM enabled.

Regards,