PDA

View Full Version : XFCE4 and changing GTK Font

Rugmonster
08-26-2003, 05:46 PM
I am remastering Knoppix and using XFCE4 rather than KDE. The text throughout the environment is very large and when I change themes via the UI preferences in the Settings Manager for XFCE4 don't change certain things, such as the scroll bar or the font. If I select a font there on my own, it doesn't change the system appearance. I use XFCE4 on other distributions and this changes the font instantly. I have also installed the gnome-control-center and tried that to no avail. This isn't critical, but the fonts are all huge and rather unattractive. I figured that there is some funky Debian thing causing this sort of like their menu system.

Rugmonster
08-27-2003, 07:37 PM
I have Mozilla Firebird installed and it is using the fonts I have defined with the User Interface config from the XFCE Setting Manager, but the GTK apps such as gnome-terminal are not using the GTK settings. Something is getting in the way of this. If I could find where these settings are, so I could change them, I would. Anyone have any ideas?

hugo
08-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Is it this?
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4357
H.

Rugmonster
08-28-2003, 04:18 PM
I have an Xft and GTK2 enabled build of Firebird, so it is getting my GTK2 settings. XFCE4 is where my problem lies. Something is getting in the way of the setting the XFCE4 config manager is setting as well as the gconf settings. I know the gnome stuff might not apply, but XFCE does use the gtk settings...at least it should. Another thing is I had been using the debian unstable release of XFCE4 and thought it could be something to do with that and then I built my own from source and the fonts are the same.