PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix Installation with multiple partitions

noxfu
08-28-2003, 02:12 PM
I partitioned my hard drive so that I could split out /home, /var, /tmp, etc... When Knoppix installed, it only used the / partition, and threw everything into that. Is there any way to get the installation script to use these? I could go back after the installation and change them around, but that doesn't seem as elegant as having it happen via the installation process.

Stephen
08-28-2003, 08:31 PM
I partitioned my hard drive so that I could split out /home, /var, /tmp, etc... When Knoppix installed, it only used the / partition, and threw everything into that. Is there any way to get the installation script to use these? I could go back after the installation and change them around, but that doesn't seem as elegant as having it happen via the installation process.

If you are using the knoppix-installer you can save a configuration then there would be a hidden .knofig file created in /ramdisk/home/knoppix you would edit this as root with sudo and in the drive mapping section you would enter in your choices for the partitions then save the file start the installer and load the saved file and install.