PDA

View Full Version : kaboodle can't open any video

suoko
08-31-2003, 11:44 AM
hi, the only supported format from kaboodle are wav, mp3 and ogg. How can I let it support avi, mpeg and other formats?

TheCyberDude
09-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Add to /etc/apt/sources.list

#Mplayer, Mencoder, Avidemux
deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main

apt-get update

apt-get -t unstable install mencoder-686 mplayer-686 avidemux mplayer-fonts w32codecs

suoko
09-01-2003, 09:36 PM
shit, I lost kaboodle.

suoko
09-01-2003, 09:55 PM
sorry, i have kaboodle. But same situation. only wav, ogg and mp3. I now have mplayer working for videos, but I'd like to set kaboodle

robertaa
09-08-2003, 11:55 PM
sorry, i have kaboodle. But same situation. only wav, ogg and mp3. I now have mplayer working for videos, but I'd like to set kaboodle

I ran into a similar problem when attempting to play multimedia files (divx, xvid, mpg) after booting with the live-cd. Kept getting the error that kaboodle couldn't be found.

Checking on multimedia playback was one of the things I wanted to try with knoppix prior to a HD installation. Along with a) checking to see if my installed hardware was detected (it was) b) checking to see if I could get an IP from my routers dhcp server and then connect to the net (I could), and c) whether I could burn a small data CD while using knoppix (I couldn't). My Sony cd burner and Pioneer dvd burner were both detected and listed as available cd readers in the k3b configuration but no cd writers were listed. Had hoped I could use the live-cd in the Sony CD drive and at the same time do a data cd test burn of a few files from the HD to the Pioneer DVD burner.