PDA

View Full Version : DVD RW on Sony GRT716S

Planet4watches
08-31-2003, 12:05 PM
I just got this Sony Vaio PCG-GRT716S, but I am experiencing a problem with the DVD / CD- RW. When I insert a disc I get a message to insert disc to drive E, even if I have already inserted a blanc DVD. When I try to drag and drop, I get the message insert disc code 011 - 02 - 1028.
Also if I try to remove files from the disc inside the E drive I get the same message.

Sometimes the disc is detected, and I can write to the disc, as soon as the disc finishes to record to the disc, the disc ejects from the drive. when I insert it back into the drive, it can't find the files that was copied. Later it maybe finds, but can never be sure. Also the properties of the disc always shows the disc as full, even though it is empty.
Please if anybody know how to solve this problem let me know.

rickenbacherus
08-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Are you trying to use the dvd for packet writing?

Planet4watches
08-31-2003, 05:15 PM
Sorry I don't know what you mean with packet writeing, I am trying to store data on the DVD. Not movies.

macca16
10-22-2004, 04:01 PM
I had the same error code on my Sony PCG-Z1XSP, it has a "MATSHITA UJ-812" drive and uses "Drag'n Drop" software.

According to the Drag'n Drop website this isn't packet writing software.

I previously installed ROXIO as an alternative and this unfortunately resulting in a broken DVD burner. Sony fixd it for me but reccommend not installing third party software such as ROXIO.

Any ideas welcome.

In the meantime I'm going to risk the biscuit with Pinnacle InstantCD/DVD version 8 as it apparently supports the MATSHITA UJ-812 drive.