PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Smaller Than Screen

almarote
08-31-2003, 10:26 PM
Hello...

I have just started working with Knoppix. I had no problems with getting it going from CD and so far all works fine. There is one problem though.

The desktop is slightly smaller than the screen and shifted to the right. If I chose to adjust the monitor to stretch the desktop to fill the screen, this would make my Windows desktop too large.

Is there any adjustment within Knoppix which would fix this problem? So far, I haven't found one.

al

rickenbacherus
08-31-2003, 11:42 PM
You can try one or more of the various cheat codes to set the screen size or to select which driver to use. It is not a certainty that adjusting the screen size with the monitor controls will have an effect for windows. There is usually some room for adjustment. It's worth a shot no?

Superstoned
09-01-2003, 11:25 AM
I guess your windows-drivers alow you to move and resize the screen? then just set the monitor under knoppix the way you want it, and then - under winblow$ - use the drivers to adjust it...

rickenbacherus
09-01-2003, 06:57 PM
My windows drivers?? That's one of the funniest things I've heard in some time. :)

Just give it a shot- see if it works or not. You can always change it back. I just know of quite a few people that are still burdened with using M$ that this has worked for.