PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with TuxRacer

scm86
09-01-2003, 05:19 PM
Ok, i went and changed the games binaries so they installed to my hardrive, and installed tcl8.4 there too. when i go to start tuxracer from the dir that i unstalled it in, i get the following error:

knoppix@ttyp0[bin]$ tuxracer
tuxracer: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl8.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
knoppix@ttyp0[bin]$

i cant find any files that show where its lookin for it at, and ive made several copies of the libtcl8.4.so file in diferent dirs, and it still cant find it... HELP!

BTW im using knoppix 3.1 from the cd

Scott McNeely

Dave_Bechtel
09-02-2003, 12:24 AM
Try ' ldconfig ' 1st as root, then the game.

Ok, i went and changed the games binaries so they installed to my hardrive, and installed tcl8.4 there too. when i go to start tuxracer from the dir that i unstalled it in, i get the following error:

knoppix@ttyp0[bin]$ tuxracer
tuxracer: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl8.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
knoppix@ttyp0[bin]$

i cant find any files that show where its lookin for it at, and ive made several copies of the libtcl8.4.so file in diferent dirs, and it still cant find it... HELP!

BTW im using knoppix 3.1 from the cd

Scott McNeely

scm86
09-02-2003, 11:52 PM
tried it, no dice, what does that command do?

Scott McNeely

Dave_Bechtel
09-03-2003, 12:30 AM
--It's supposed to update the shared libraries. But since you're not installed to HD, I'm stumped.

tried it, no dice, what does that command do?

Scott McNeely