PDA

View Full Version : Model-K HD Install?????? Please Help!

briansz
09-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Has anybody done a HD install with Model-K, and if so how? I can boot from the CD perfectly but I'd like to be able to install to a HD partition and/or CF card (via IDE).

I tried Morphix, which I like alot, but the Light-ISO version crashes out repeatedly when I try to do the HD install from the graphical menu, and the knx-hdinstall script wants 2200MB when the Morphix Light GUI distro only needs 300-400MB. Bummer.

I can't get either of these distros working except on CD. My goal is to construct a mobile MP3 box, and the hardware detection ability and recent kernel of these distros would really help out while I try different types of sound hardware (SB Live Gold vs. USB Audio, etc).

I've Googled on this for about a half-hour now with no luck.

Links or hints appreciated!

henrique
09-06-2003, 11:36 AM
I'm looking for Model_k for weeks. Can you share it with us at Kazaa, please? Thanks in advance :)

briansz
09-06-2003, 01:01 PM
http://www.modularity.org/modelk/

will allow you to download the 0.5.1 or 0.5.2 versions, that is where I got it. I've heard of a 0.6 release but have not found it.

Ironically, in reply to your question I just Googled for 'model-K linux' and the first thread I clicked on has a few details that pertain to my original question. No idea why I didn't find it before.

Since it's short, I've reproduced it here in the hope somebody else won't spend an hour looking for the same thing only to find it in 30 seconds several days later. Guess I'll need to read more about curl:

"I found that to do my hdd-install I needed to put curl (like wget on 'roids), nano-tiny (small statically linked text editor), dialog (knx-hddinstall script uses this to ask questions), and the knx-hddinstall scripts on a floppy, mount unzip, edit path, and then run... a bit long, but I eventually got it.

If Model-K had curl or wget or links, I could pull down a script to pull that stuff off the web and do an install..."

Regards,

Brian

henrique
09-06-2003, 01:27 PM
This link wasn't working but it's good now. Finally I can get it. Thank you very much :)