PDA

View Full Version : Networking Problems with Kernel 2.4.21

CaptainE
09-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Hi,
I am a newbie.
I have installed about 4 differetn Linux distributions all of them are with the new 2.4.21 Kernel. but with none of them, the Nework with my Computer works.

My Brother, who is a real linux user since 3 Years has looked at the problem but, he has not enouth time. He tried a 2.2.20 Kernel and then the thing worked properly. but after installing now Knoppix 3.2 with the 2.4.21 kernel it is down again.
We tried it with the OnBoard network device, another realtek pci device and a indel pci card but none of them worked.
with the old kernel the onboard did properly.

Can anyone help me

Stephen
09-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Hi,
I am a newbie.
I have installed about 4 differetn Linux distributions all of them are with the new 2.4.21 Kernel. but with none of them, the Nework with my Computer works.

My Brother, who is a real linux user since 3 Years has looked at the problem but, he has not enouth time. He tried a 2.2.20 Kernel and then the thing worked properly. but after installing now Knoppix 3.2 with the 2.4.21 kernel it is down again.
We tried it with the OnBoard network device, another realtek pci device and a indel pci card but none of them worked.
with the old kernel the onboard did properly.

Can anyone help me

I read of many problems with kernel 2.4.21 you should stick with 2.4.20 or wait for the next release which will have 2.4.22 or compile 2.4.22 yourself.