PDA

View Full Version : screen goes black... help

HouseOfPancakes
09-05-2003, 11:12 PM
hey can someone help I believe its a problem with the video card driver i have an geforce fx 5200 i see the boot screen and everything but then right after all the autodetecting and stuff i just get a black screen are there any new drivers I can download and how would I install them im a noob

ankit
09-12-2003, 11:39 PM
hey the solution i am giving to you is funny but it did work with me.
ALL you need to do is to 1) START YOUR PC 2) THEN SWITCH OFF THE MONITOR 3) SWITCH IT ON AFTER 3 MIN OR SO (BY THE TIME KNOPPIX MUST HAVE LOADED) YOU DEFINATELY SHOULD BE IN KNOPPIX RIGHT NOW AND YOUR SCREEN IS NO LONGER BLACK.

THOUGH FUNNY THIS WORKED WITH ME.
DO REPLY ME AFTER TRYING THIS. :P
BYE . C YA

mikekgr
09-13-2003, 12:57 AM
hmmm this workaround seems to me that you need the cheatcode noddc (when you boot knoppix) to turn off automatic monitor hardware detection...

Try it and reverted to me with the result

Best Regards
Mike Kranidis

Chriroz
09-14-2003, 05:27 PM
hi,

I got exactly the same problem
i tried both things but it didn't work
it gives an black screen
I've the knoppix 3.2 cd and a fx5200 graphic card
are there any patches or files for these kinds of problems and how can I use them :?: :?: :?: :?:
help plz

ynot
09-19-2003, 02:37 AM
I had the same trouble with my Compaq. This might sound odd but there's an option on there for the Framebuffer it says (Laptops Only) well I figured I'd give it a shot and see what it would do and it worked on my computer. So you might want to try the fb1024x768 or whatever your screen size is and see if that works.

Chriroz
09-19-2003, 03:28 PM
:shock: I found the magic words... :shock:

:!: ... knoppix xmodule = nv... :!:

:lol: ... and it works with me :lol:

:wink: so trie it and post reaction :wink:

Cerretelli
10-01-2003, 01:30 AM
I have knoppix 3.2 cd and the FX 5200 graphics card.
When i first loaded it up i had this problem i used the cheat code,

knoppix xmodule=fbdev

and it worked fine.