PDA

View Full Version : syslinux.cfg and userdef

phx
09-06-2003, 12:55 AM
I used knoppix-customize (the windows version :oops: ) and besides changing the default language I changed the parameters of the diferent labels so it scans for the home and the saved configuration on boot time. I also changed the tail of the file to look like this.

LABEL noscan
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=es apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
KERNEL vmlinuz
APPEND ################################################## ################################################## ##################

to load the default configuration (without scaning) but when at boot time I enter the parameter noscan it fails and says kernel panic and other stuff, what can be happening?. Is the label userdef mandatory to de end?. I woud appreciate some help.

phx 8)

Dave_Bechtel
09-06-2003, 03:10 AM
--Here's what my syslinux.cfg file looks like, but don't try to copy it directly, it's for hdinstall:

default knoppix
#prompt 1
#timeout 50
label knoppix
kernel krnl2422
append root=/dev/hde3 ro vga=ext apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce idebus=66

--Please note, my kernel's actual filename is "krnl2422" in order to fit into DOS 8.3 filename limits.

--I think maybe you could put the "kernel" line 1st after the "label" line and ditch the append that has all the #'s in it, but me == no expert on syslinux.

I used knoppix-customize (the windows version :oops: ) and besides changing the default language I changed the parameters of the diferent labels so it scans for the home and the saved configuration on boot time. I also changed the tail of the file to look like this.

LABEL noscan
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=es apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
KERNEL vmlinuz
APPEND ################################################## ################################################## ##################

to load the default configuration (without scaning) but when at boot time I enter the parameter noscan it fails and says kernel panic and other stuff, what can be happening?. Is the label userdef mandatory to de end?. I woud appreciate some help.

phx 8)