PDA

View Full Version : Nforce2Chipset

suppaman
09-06-2003, 04:05 PM
I dont know how to config my connection or it didn't detect my netword card integrated in this chipset. Cuz if i test it wit another computer it automatically uses the router connection. But this nforce chipset it couldnt. I cannot figure out why cuz I am a new user.

tigrris
09-06-2003, 06:28 PM
well... knoppix doesn't recognize nforce NIC on some motherboards (for example abit nf7-s which i have) :(

if u have other mobo search forum for "nforce" and maybe u'll find solution.

ktheking
09-06-2003, 10:22 PM
It's because of nvidia driver.
Kernel should be recompiled for complete use of the drivers.
So you can use this nforce2 chipset ,but fortunately not with knoppix (yet).

With HD install you surely can. Just follow nvidia guidelines.

GReetzzz,

suppaman
09-07-2003, 01:49 AM
Thanks man... About hard disk installing rite? I dont have extra partitions in my drive. Need i to create extra partitions? :) Nvidia doesnt guide about knoppix but is it the same?

arkaine23
09-07-2003, 03:02 AM
I made my own remaster of Knoppix that includes Nforce2's NIC driver. I use it on an Epox 8rda and Asus A7N8X.

http://overclockix.octeams.com

http://overclockix.octeams.com/snapshot5.jpg

arkaine23
09-07-2003, 07:10 AM
As for hdd-installing....

You just need to clear some unpartitioned space. The root filesystem needs at least 2.2GB amd if you also want to make a swap partition, that needs to be at least 128mb. The install script will quit if you don't meet these requirements. It uses cfdisk, which is pretty simple to help you create/destroy partitions.

For the nvidia driver, you need to download the source tarball, and compile it.

DustoMan
09-08-2003, 01:23 AM
I'm using the 3COM onboard NIC on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe board for networking. Does the latest Knoppix 3.2 work with that when I run it off the CD?

Duffin444
09-08-2003, 05:33 AM
For some reason....yes, it does. The latest release of Knoppix runs the onboard Lan card just fine. No idea why though :cry: