PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix Wallpaper

xetaprime
11-24-2002, 05:19 AM
Hi everyone! I've had some success and some failure while learning the ins-and-outs of knoppix on hard drive. I've decided for the time being to use only root. Yes I know, but I was having too many problems with fstab and getting user mount to work...but why I am writing, is this:

Where is that GREAT Knoppix wallper located so I can use it in root. Also how do I get the transparency working...of course as i write this I am wondering if I should have looked in the theme area...

Thanx to Knoppix for giving me the chance to learn Debian on a KDE 3 platform.

xeta

tuxtom
11-28-2002, 04:50 PM
Since about 2 weex i'm trying to get out something of a hd-installed knoppix. It's really fantastic (using synaptic). thx to Klaus & the team.

Also how do I get the transparency working

Well I didn't get the transparency of the cd, but got the kde keramik theme with transparent menus:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2002/debian-kde-200209/msg00132.html

The next thing will be: copy the whole installation to another partition & change to sid to get gnome2 working.

Has anyone an idea HowTo get the hdinstall on reiserfs, cause I think it's more secure against a warmboot, I had to do after a desktop freeze, than ext2/ext3. (ok I had to restore my system from tape)

tom