PDA

View Full Version : Cheap code syntax

boehmb
01-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Knoppix works great for me and I love it. The machine I use it on is a Dell Dimension 1.2 Ghz with Mitsumi CD-R drive as the boot drive. All hardware is addressed and works upon startup. I am trying to get the CD to NOT eject after shutting down Knoppix. Even with the "noeject" code at startup, it still ejects. Do I have the right syntax? At the startup prompt, I'm typing: Knoppix noeject floppyconfig. I'm using the 01/01/03 release.

Thanks

boehmb
01-22-2003, 03:58 PM
I meant 'cheat codes' not 'cheap codes'. Must be getting old....

Dave_Bechtel
01-22-2003, 05:45 PM
--WHY do you not want the CD to eject?

--Also, you can copy the knoppix file to your HD and have it run from there...

Knoppix works great for me and I love it. The machine I use it on is a Dell Dimension 1.2 Ghz with Mitsumi CD-R drive as the boot drive. All hardware is addressed and works upon startup. I am trying to get the CD to NOT eject after shutting down Knoppix. Even with the "noeject" code at startup, it still ejects. Do I have the right syntax? At the startup prompt, I'm typing: Knoppix noeject floppyconfig. I'm using the 01/01/03 release.

Thanks

boehmb
01-22-2003, 05:58 PM
It's not imperative that the CD not eject. I was more interested in getting the cheat code to work. Can I copy the configuration files (now on floppy) to the hard drive? My C: drive is FAT32 with Win98SE on it. The D: drive is FAT32 with just files and about 9 BG free. I am running a Knoppix swap file on the C: drive now, but boot from CD.

Thank you