PDA

View Full Version : cant access cd rom after trying to install sound card

nateriley57
09-13-2003, 06:04 PM
i recently installed a sound blaster sound card and got the driver disks mixed up so i uninstalled the incorrect drivers and installed the correct ones. now i cant accass the cd rom drives. ive tried everything i can think of including changing the ribbons....checking ribbon connections ...etc. if i unplug my cd rom's i can access my computer. but if i plug them back in and click my computer everything freezes. i tried removing the sound card and drivers completely and everytime i turn on the computer it tries to install the new sound card witch isnt even installed in the pci socket. i have no idea. i tried installing the cd rom drivers and it says they are already installed. i dont thing its a physical problem with hardware but i could be wrong. any gueses? oh im running a gateway 400 mhz computer with a micro atx motherboard with integrated sound and integrated ATI graphics. thanx

nateriley57
09-13-2003, 06:33 PM
i forgot to mention also that in system it says that my cd rom drives D and E are using ms-dos fileing im using windows 98