PDA

View Full Version : Booting with myconfig did not work

TomF
09-13-2003, 07:14 PM
I added a Save Configuration button to the panel, clicked it to open the save configuration dialog, saved the configuration to floppy, shut down, booted knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy. Knoppix booted without errors, but the change to the panel was gone. What might have happened?

Stephen
09-13-2003, 08:41 PM
I added a Save Configuration button to the panel, clicked it to open the save configuration dialog, saved the configuration to floppy, shut down, booted knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy. Knoppix booted without errors, but the change to the panel was gone. What might have happened?

Try either floppyconf or floppyconfig for the cheat code (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes).

TomF
09-13-2003, 10:35 PM
I tried scan, floppyconfig, and floppyconf. None worked. I think that the problem is the version of Knoppix that came with knoppix-std-0.1b. The boot message says Version 2.78.

Should I try downloading the latest version of Knoppix, or is there a way to get save configuration working on the version I have? I need the std tools.