PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix refuses connection to Webserver from other machines

Jampa
09-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Hi,

I installed Knoppix 3.2 with knx-hdinstall (on my intranet server). Then I installed a webserver (AOLServer) and PostgreSQL and the OpenACS (Community System) on top of that.

Problem: I cant access the Webserver from other machines (although it works if accessed from the same machine). I deleted the ALL:PARANOIA entry in hosts.deny, but it is still the same. Maybe I have to change something in inetd.conf?? Dont know.

What should I do to make the Internet services available to other machines?

Thanks for any hint
Jampa

Fabianx
09-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Hi,

I installed Knoppix 3.2 with knx-hdinstall (on my intranet server). Then I installed a webserver (AOLServer) and PostgreSQL and the OpenACS (Community System) on top of that.

Problem: I cant access the Webserver from other machines (although it works if accessed from the same machine). I deleted the ALL:PARANOIA entry in hosts.deny, but it is still the same. Maybe I have to change something in inetd.conf?? Dont know.

What should I do to make the Internet services available to other machines?

Thanks for any hint
Jampa

Strange, afaik access is allowed by a hd-install ...

Try to stop your AOL thingi and start Apache (as root: /etc/init.d/apache start)

And then try to access the apache web server from outside. It did always work for me :-)

So perhaps its a problem with your AOL thing not listening on 0.0.0.0 (worldwide) but some specific interface/ip...

cu

Fabian