PDA

View Full Version : National Semiconductor Corp. DP83815/816 10/100 MacPhyter PC

baboeska
09-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Hey, does knoppix detect this network card? If it does, what am I doing wrong? Does knoppix automatically use dhcp to get a network address, or do you need to assign one? I know very little about linux and networking sorry, so any help would be appreciated.

howell
09-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Hey, does knoppix detect this network card? If it does, what am I doing wrong? Does knoppix automatically use dhcp to get a network address, or do you need to assign one? I know very little about linux and networking sorry, so any help would be appreciated.

I was just about to ask the exact same question - I have the exact same network chip built in to my HP-Compaq nx 9005 laptop. Sorry I can't provide any more details I am a complete linux newbie. Please help, I am desperate to escape Windows!!

mikekgr
09-15-2003, 07:31 AM
Hello friends.
If you like to setup your network (running KNOPPIX of course) please run open netcardconfig (you will find this ftom K-> KNOPPIX -> Network/Internet -> Network card configuration

Answer NO TO QUESTION "Use DHCP Broadcast?"
Answer All questions according to your network need...

Hope this help

Best Regards
Mike Kranidis