PDA

View Full Version : I changed the BIOS, but laptop still boots Win from HD

kiru9867
09-14-2003, 07:51 PM
I changed the BIOS boot priority on my laptop (Omnibook 4150) to the following priorites: 1) CD-ROM, 2) Floppy, 3) HD. There is no way to remove HD from the list of options. I doubled checked, and my changes were saved.

For some reason the laptop still boots Windows from the HD every time. I even burned a new CD w/o the checksum files to make sure that the ISO file was the first file on the CD. What else can I do?

Kiru

fingers99
09-14-2003, 08:11 PM
I'd try

knoppix testcd

in another box. I suspect your burn wasn't successful.

Stephen
09-14-2003, 08:13 PM
I changed the BIOS boot priority on my laptop (Omnibook 4150) to the following priorites: 1) CD-ROM, 2) Floppy, 3) HD. There is no way to remove HD from the list of options. I doubled checked, and my changes were saved.

For some reason the laptop still boots Windows from the HD every time. I even burned a new CD w/o the checksum files to make sure that the ISO file was the first file on the CD. What else can I do?

Kiru

You do not burn the ISO file to the disk you use the option in your burning program to make a bootable disk from an ISO image if you use the correct option you should see a directory structure instead of one big file in windows explorer when you look at the disk.

kiru9867
09-14-2003, 09:22 PM
THANKS!!! I got it to work!

Kiru