PDA

View Full Version : whiteglass cursors

update_us
09-15-2003, 02:45 AM
well i did a quick search on here and didn't see anything about my minor problem, so i figure i'd post it.

I am new to debian, but i have ran slackware for quite a while. I installed knoppix straight off the cd using the knx-hdinstall and have did a few preferential tweaks.

I took this time to add a second monitor and video card (Number 9 Imagine 128, 4 meg; it does 10x7 at 16bit maximum). So i am now running xinerama with it and a newer monitor and card (nvidia 64 meg). Up until the xinerama adventure, X came up with the very nice looking whiteglass cursors (the white ones that are semi transparent). Now it does not. Now X comes up with this other cursor set; black semi-triangular one, almost looks like a slanted A (perhaps the core cursors set?)

I have checked and i still have whiteglass installed. In /etc/alternatives/x-cursor-theme is still set to whiteglass.

Note though, I had to downgrade from X 4.3 to X 4.2.1 because Xinerama wouldn't work otherwise (something to do with a bug). Perhaps 4.2.1 doesn't know what to do with whiteglass???

So, anyone got a clue as to what might have happened? I'll post more details if necessary.

Stephen
09-15-2003, 03:22 AM
Note though, I had to downgrade from X 4.3 to X 4.2.1 because Xinerama wouldn't work otherwise (something to do with a bug). Perhaps 4.2.1 doesn't know what to do with whiteglass???

So, anyone got a clue as to what might have happened? I'll post more details if necessary.
You are correct in your assumption you need XFree 4.3 to use the cursor themes.

update_us
09-15-2003, 04:28 AM
oh nuts... its a shame. well thanks for the quick reply!