PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a FULL list of all software with Knoppix

budtron
09-15-2003, 03:22 AM
I need a full list of all the software that is included with Knoppix.. I wanted to check to see if anyone had one first, before i just go through it all and write it down. Lemme know. Thanks.

Stephen
09-15-2003, 03:31 AM
I need a full list of all the software that is included with Knoppix.. I wanted to check to see if anyone had one first, before i just go through it all and write it down. Lemme know. Thanks.

You can get a list from the packages.txt (ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/packages.txt) on any of the mirrors. Or if you want when running dpkg --get-selections > selections.txt to get the current installed packages in the file selection.txt in a console window the file would be saved to the current working directory.

Dave_Bechtel
09-15-2003, 05:43 AM
--You can also do ' dpkg -l | less ', which is how packages.txt is generated.

You can get a list from the packages.txt (ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/packages.txt) on any of the mirrors. Or if you want when running dpkg --get-selections > selections.txt to get the current installed packages in the file selection.txt in a console window the file would be saved to the current working directory.

paradocs
09-15-2003, 08:19 AM
Greetings budtron,

Here is a link to all the packages in the DVD
version of KNOPPIX 4.

http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix/packages-dvd.txt

The DVD was a one time promotional edition
and may not be supported or updated soon.
It also had some problems with cloop size --
but I thought you may like to see the packages
that are installed on it.

Best Wishes,
paraadocs