PDA

View Full Version : Unable to load custom config files

kha
09-15-2003, 07:54 PM
Hi to all, i'm new to this forum and to the world of Linux. I always was a Microsoft guy... ;-) and now I'm testing Knoppix.

I have a problem loading the custom config files at boot time.

I have created these files from inside a Knoppix session. (kMenu-->Knoppix-->Config-->Save config files)

First I formated the floppy from inside Knoppix too. (Floppy icon-->Rightclick-->Format). I have used MSDOS formated disks and ext2 formated disk too. whatenever disk i use, i get always the same error message.

This is the environment:
Booting from Knoppix CD with a 'msdos' or 'ext2' formated disk inside the a: drive. In this disk are the configuration files for Knoppix (checked with ls /mnt/auto/floppy before restart the system).

At Knoppix boot prompt I type:
knoppix myconfig=scan
or
knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy
or
knoppix myconfig=/mnt/floppy
or
knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0
or
knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0H1440

All these options give me the same error message when knoppix is about to examine the disk. The message is: 'Filesystem not detected.' and the device is not mounted/accessed/readed...

I don't know if I'm doing some mistake. Any help will be welcome.

Stephen
09-15-2003, 08:13 PM
At Knoppix boot prompt I type:
knoppix myconfig=scan
or
knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy
or
knoppix myconfig=/mnt/floppy
or
knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0
or
knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0H1440

All these options give me the same error message when knoppix is about to examine the disk. The message is: 'Filesystem not detected.' and the device is not mounted/accessed/readed...

I don't know if I'm doing some mistake. Any help will be welcome.

The cheat codes (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) have changed to either floppyconfig or floppyconf.