PDA

View Full Version : Problem booting Knoppix on Omnibook 4150

kiru9867
09-15-2003, 08:08 PM
I burned three different versions of Knoppix (one for each of the versions posted on the Virginia Tech FTP site. One was the July version, the other two were the Sept. versions). Each one freezes during the boot, immediately after detecting and loading the drivers for the NeoMagic video/audio chip).

Since these were 3 different CDs burned from 3 different ISO files, and they freeze at exactly the same place, I don't think it's due to a problem with the CD medium or with an error in the ISO downloads. What would be the chances of having the same download error in exactly the same spot in 3 different files?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can try? (Other then buying a CD or downloading yet another ISO file?)

Kiru

bitey
09-19-2003, 03:49 AM
Just a thought, but you could tinker a little with boot parameters. The default resolution in Knoppix is 1024x768. At the boot prompt, you might type:

knopppix screen=800x600

and see what happens.

dm2lin
09-19-2003, 04:34 AM
:) enter "knoppix noagp" at the boot prompt...guaranteed to work.. :wink:

kiru9867
09-20-2003, 07:31 AM
Yes, that was the answer I was looking for! It booted up fine after the "knoppix noagp" command!

kiru

Mossaiby
10-07-2003, 11:15 AM
I found noagp option and could boot it (failsafe also works), but no audio is available :( It detects the card correctly, but it doesn't work... Any help?

Stephen
10-07-2003, 08:36 PM
I found noagp option and could boot it (failsafe also works), but no audio is available :( It detects the card correctly, but it doesn't work... Any help?

Have you tried alsa with the noagp when you boot? BTW it's usually best to start your own new thread when you post with problems.

Mossaiby
10-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Thanks for reply.

Yeah, I tried ALSA too, but it didn't work either... Also tried pci=bios, pci=irqmask=0x0e98 with no result...

I've updated my BIOS to latest version found on HP site (not the one designed for Win2K)... Which version of BIOS do you use?