PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth under Knoppix ?

raul_veleiro
09-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Hi,
I'm a new user of Linux (Knoppix)
I want use an USB-Bluetooth interface with a Nokia 6310i.
I have downloaded the files "gnome-bluetooth-0.4.1.tar.gz" and "libbtctl-0.3.tar.gz" but I don't know how to install the .tar.gz files.

Please, could somebody tell me how to do ?
Thanks !.
Raul.

Stephen
09-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Hi,
I'm a new user of Linux (Knoppix)
I want use an USB-Bluetooth interface with a Nokia 6310i.
I have downloaded the files "gnome-bluetooth-0.4.1.tar.gz" and "libbtctl-0.3.tar.gz" but I don't know how to install the .tar.gz files.

Please, could somebody tell me how to do ?
Thanks !.
Raul.

You more than likely will have to compile the drivers and install them you should extract the .tar.gz. files to a temporary directory and read the instructions that will be in the documents included.

raul_veleiro
09-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Hello again (Thanks Stephen),
Well, I have found some Bluetooth RPMs (look at http://bluez.sourceforge.net/). I think that is more easy work with "rpm" files than .tar.gz (may be). I used the "rpm" application to install the RPMs, but I got this error:
-----------
root@ttyp0[tmp]# rpm -ivh bluez-libs-2.3-1.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
glibc >= 2.2.4 is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
/sbin/ldconfig is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
/sbin/ldconfig is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
ld-linux.so.2 is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
libc.so.6 is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) is needed by bluez-libs-2.3-1
-----------
Also with the "Kpackage" application I can see this "dependencies".
What is the meaning of each line ?

bye...

ktheking
09-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Better try to re-compile the install yourself.
In the config files inside it you can point then to the needed libraries (or install them before) .
Installing with rpm suggest that you have write permissions ,but since you are working with a live cd,writing on it is not possible ;-) (yet).
So proceed as follows :
-install all needed libraries for this program (install them on you home drive)
-compile the source after adapting the library paths.Install it on you home drive.

This could seem hard the first time you've compiled a program. But it's the best way to install a program. You will have the best results with it (speed,stability,..) .Once you've done one ,you'll see it's not that hard.

This naturally implies you work with persistant home drive,since I rekken you don't wish to redo everytime the installation when you reboot ;-) .

hope this'll help you on the way ,greetzzzzz