PDA

View Full Version : What do i need to change to...?

Jwizzman
01-23-2003, 03:46 PM
What do i need to change to rename Knoppix so for instancce if i wanted to rename Knoppix to Phoenix
how would i do that?
what are all the things i have to change?

Flibble
01-24-2003, 02:03 PM
The law for a start. Didn't the Mozilla boys get forced to change the name of their browser by the BIOS people?

eadz
01-24-2003, 02:25 PM
well you could just change the cd sticker. Seriously, you'd just have to change every place you come across. Though even mandrake cant/dont do that, there is still redhat this and redhat that all over the place in mandrake ( or there was last time i looked a few years ago )

You'd probally want to chnage the bootscreen, linuxrc in boot.img, and the background desktop picture for a start. There are howtos around the place ..but you'll have to work most of it out for yourself.

Jwizzman
01-24-2003, 03:01 PM
The law for a start. Didn't the Mozilla boys get forced to change the name of their browser by the BIOS people?

dope forgot about that, i didn't actually wanna name it Phoenix the point is the renaming

Alextreme
01-24-2003, 03:07 PM
well, it wasn't that hard, i did the same for morphix (good for your ego ;)) although i havn't changed it everywhere (enough places where it would be plain wrong). besides linuxrc, you could take a look at knoppix-autoconfig on the compressed image.