PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.2 on notebook compaq evo (ps/2 problem)

mihaval
09-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Hi!

I have a problem with Knoppix on my notebook. It is knoppix 3.2, installed on the hard drive (via knx-hdinstall). It boots, works, but not with a mouse. I have attached PS/2 Compaq mouse with wheel, but it does not work with or without the mouse. The notebook has a touchpad and a "stick", and I've even disabled touchpad, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Miha.

Fabianx
09-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Hi!

I have a problem with Knoppix on my notebook. It is knoppix 3.2, installed on the hard drive (via knx-hdinstall). It boots, works, but not with a mouse. I have attached PS/2 Compaq mouse with wheel, but it does not work with or without the mouse. The notebook has a touchpad and a "stick", and I've even disabled touchpad, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Miha.

But it does work from CD ?

Please reinstall the new 3.3-ISO to HD with "knoppix-installer" having both mice attached, while booting knoppix. (if you want to use debian-mode)

cu

Fabian

mihaval
09-25-2003, 08:09 AM
So, it is compaq evo n600c, and the mouse is not working.

If I do a cat /dev/psaux I see the garbage characters, so it is definitely getting something. And /dev/mouse is linked to that. But in X, it is not working.

Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,
Miha.

mihaval
09-25-2003, 08:27 AM
Tried the pci=irqmask=0x0e98 cheat code. Same thing. Message at boot time is that it discovers Generic PS/2 mouse. I then tried nowheel option and the mouse jumps to the top right part of the screen and if I move it, I get left and right clikcs (erratic behaviour -- worst than when it was not wokring at all :)).

Help, please!

BTW, on slackware9, the mouse was working perfectly, even the touch pad and the stick on the notebook.

Regards,
Miha.

francisco
11-04-2003, 01:29 PM
May be you have a duplicated mouse signal fron console.

Try this:
modify your "/etc/gpm.conf" as follows
--
device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw <---------- importat line (type raw)
type=ps2
append=""
--

Good luck