PDA

View Full Version : Cant' create partition to install Knoppix 3.3

jpaschke
09-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Hi everybody,

I just tried to install KNOPPIX 3.3 with knoppix-installer, but is does not work at all. I've created a swap partition with 512 MB and a / partition with 8 GB. When the installation script want to format the partition I'm receiving the following error:
Beim Einrichtender Swap-Partition ist ein fehler aufgetreten. Hier die Meldung von mkswap: error swap area needs to be at least 40kB Usage

Any hints ?
Joerg :(

rickenbacherus
09-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Hi everybody,

I just tried to install KNOPPIX 3.3 with knoppix-installer, but is does not work at all. I've created a swap partition with 512 MB and a / partition with 8 GB. When the installation script want to format the partition I'm receiving the following error:
Beim Einrichtender Swap-Partition ist ein fehler aufgetreten. Hier die Meldung von mkswap: error swap area needs to be at least 40kB Usage

Any hints ?
Joerg :(

When you partitioned your drive did you set the type to 'swap' for your swap partition?

Stephen
09-23-2003, 02:23 AM
In addition to the suggestion above did you initialize the /swap partition with mkswap if you created it properly the error seems to be saying something about that as well.

jpaschke
09-23-2003, 07:35 AM
thanks for your hints, but I've done all that. when I try to install knoppix 3.1 it works on the same partitioned space.

I've tried it one more but now I'm receiving the error message while the installer tries to format the / filesystem with ext3.

The message:(the translation from German)
Returned disksize is sero. incomplete partition or partition table has not been reread after fdisk. you may need to reboot to solve the problem.

In the meanwhile I think the problem is with version 3.3 to properly recognise my hardware. but why is 3.1 working ?

regards
Joerg