PDA

View Full Version : unable to find cdrecord executable

extradudeguy
09-23-2003, 10:46 AM
I have run the k3b setup a few times, searched for solutions to this problem also. I am using k3b. I keep getting the "unable to find cdrecord executable error", then it tells me to install it from something called cdrtools or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

I really don't want to be tied to having to do it from a rootshell. I am brand new, so be gentle with me.

Running knoppix 3.3 via CD.

Thanks

hw-tph
09-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Type "which cdparanoia". If it is found on the system (in the $PATH) the response will let you know exactly where.

If you have installed Knoppix (Debian) to your HD, su to root and then type "apt-get install cdparanoia" and it will be fetched and installed for you.

hw

extradudeguy
09-23-2003, 12:20 PM
I went to a root shell and typed "k3b" without quotes. That worked perfecly

I did do the cmd that you mentioned. It came up with /user/bin/cdparanoia

I could get to that dir, but I am unclear as to what I should do with this information. Do I add it as a path? I ask this because everything seems to be ok when I run in a shell as root and I am also running off of CD.

Thanks

Dave_Bechtel
09-25-2003, 11:11 AM
--I think Klaus fixed this in the 9-24 rev.

I have run the k3b setup a few times, searched for solutions to this problem also. I am using k3b. I keep getting the "unable to find cdrecord executable error", then it tells me to install it from something called cdrtools or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

I really don't want to be tied to having to do it from a rootshell. I am brand new, so be gentle with me.

Running knoppix 3.3 via CD.

Thanks

etahhan
10-20-2003, 01:43 AM
I did the following two commands as a root user:

root#chmod u+s /usr/bin/cdrecord
root#chmod o+x /usr/bin/cdrecord

with this changes I could start k3b as knoppix user without complaints.

BUT, is this secure?

Elias

Stephen
10-20-2003, 02:10 AM
I did the following two commands as a root user:

root#chmod u+s /usr/bin/cdrecord
root#chmod o+x /usr/bin/cdrecord

with this changes I could start k3b as knoppix user without complaints.

BUT, is this secure?

Elias
That is how the permission are supposed to be set you have just corrected the error.