PDA

View Full Version : strange OpenOffice printing behaviour

true1ever
01-23-2003, 10:28 PM
I set up a network printer (hp4000) and it works fine from KOffice. When I use OpenOffice, make a document from scratch and try to print it won't print (as if the printjob just dissapears to nowhere, no errors). If I use the OpenOffice Autopilot document generator feature it DOES print the generated document. Can anyone explain why this is and how to fix it so it will print regular documents?

thanks,
Jim

aay
01-24-2003, 03:05 AM
true1ever,

Sorry to say i can't help you out with this one, but hopefully someone else on the forum can. If you figure this one out on your own, please post how you were able to fix it.

Thanks.

AvidLinuxUser
01-24-2003, 03:31 AM
I believe you have to setup the printer in OpenOffice too.

aay
01-24-2003, 03:34 PM
I believe you have to setup the printer in OpenOffice too.

I thought that was just for the previous version of Star Office. Not sure though.

eadz
01-24-2003, 03:48 PM
2 Tips from Kandalf :

Need comprehensive info about KDEPrinting?
Type help:/kdeprint/ into a Konqueror address field and get the KDEPrint Handbook displayed.
This, plus more material (like a FAQ, various Tutorials, a "TipsNTricks" section and the kdeprint mailing list) are available at printing.kde.org...

Want KDE's printing power in non-KDE apps?
Then use 'kprinter' as "print command". Works with Netscape, Mozilla, Galeon, gv, Acrobat Reader, StarOffice, OpenOffice, any GNOME application and many more...
See printing.kde.org for more detailed hints..

A. Jorge Garcia
11-13-2003, 11:21 PM
Can I use kprint over a network to print from KATE, KWRITE or KONQUEROR?

TIA,