PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix can't find config data on floppy

Dodson65
09-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Hi forum,

I'm a Knoppix newbie. I started the current version of knoppix and configured graphic card, monitor and ISDN internet access. After that I saved the knoppix config to a floppy. After saving a message box says that I should start knoppix with "myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" or "myconfig=scan".
I have done this but knoppix can't mount my floppy and is unable to load the config.

What have I done wrong? :?:

Stephen
09-27-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi forum,

I'm a Knoppix newbie. I started the current version of knoppix and configured graphic card, monitor and ISDN internet access. After that I saved the knoppix config to a floppy. After saving a message box says that I should start knoppix with "myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" or "myconfig=scan".
I have done this but knoppix can't mount my floppy and is unable to load the config.

What have I done wrong? :?:

The cheat code (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) has changed try floppyconfig or floppyconf.

Dodson65
09-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Thanks - I tried "myconfig=floppyconf" and "myconfig=floppyconfig" and "myconfig=scan" - nothing worked :cry:

Stephen
09-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Thanks - I tried "myconfig=floppyconf" and "myconfig=floppyconfig" and "myconfig=scan" - nothing worked :cry:

Just use the cheats by themselves i.e. knoppix floppyconfig at the boot: prompt.