PDA

View Full Version : konqueror in debian can't handle html files

bmike1
09-28-2003, 12:47 AM
As you may know I recently made mozilla my default browser and then decided I wanted to
make konqueror primary again as I found mozilla too distateful (it really drags my system down). Well I did that and now when I attempt to open a webpage with konqueror it tells me that konqueror can't handle the file type html. Well, I think Konqueror might be corrupted. The reason I think this is that I opened root's account and the configuration error persisted. But it opens and works with everything but html. Another guy I am talking to about this suggested that I ask the Debian Gurus about this. Does anyone know what I should do to get it working?

Stephen
09-28-2003, 01:13 AM
Open Konqueror go to Settings then Configure Konqueror and File Associations and move Konqueror to the top of the list for html in the text option.

bmike1
09-28-2003, 05:34 AM
I did that. And with it set so it tells me that konqueeror can't handle the file tyoe. Thanks for trying to help!

RockMumbles
09-28-2003, 09:42 PM
My konqueror web browser panel entry is this:
kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing

also you might want to look into:
kfmclient --commands

HTH

~rock

bmike1
09-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Hey buddy;
I think that you may be on to something with that but I can't figure out what you mean by 'panel entry'. Do you mean Settings->Profile Mangement?

My konqueror web browser panel entry is this:
kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing
also you might want to look into:
kfmclient --commands
HTH
~rock

Okay, I figured out that kfmclient is a command but what am I looking into it for? I also just figured out that 'kfm' stands for knoqueror 'file management'.

I tried looking at konqueror's configuration ('kfm-client configure') but it responded by saying:

Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

Is this normal?