PDA

View Full Version : Asus TNT video card / PII 350 / BX mb boot freezes

weiv
09-28-2003, 07:19 AM
Hello,

I have tried Knoppix on several systems at my disposal and was succesful - except with my old home machine.

The system boots up, goes through a lot of hardware detection with no problem (USB, sound card etc...). The last thing it displays is the message about detecting AGP bridge. After that, it freezes.

I have tried: init 2, failsafe, expert, xdriver=nv and various other options to no avail.

The video card is an old ASUS TNT. CPU is Pentium 2 at 350 MHz. Motherboard is Intel BX (I think that manufacturer is abit).

Any ideas or super secret cheat codes?

Thanks!

Regards,
v.

weiv
09-28-2003, 08:17 AM
Well, to reply to myself.

Since I'm typing this in Mozilla running on Knoppix it looks like I have found the solution.

It's the magic noddc cheat code. Turns out I have an utterly old monitor (IBM powerdisplay 20). Once I told Knoppix not to try to detect the monitor, everything turned out to work nice.

Regards,
v.

nightcrawler
10-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Weiv. how you tell Knoppix not to detect the monitor? I have some kind of problem with my IBM Monitor Powerdisplay54 too. I've tried fb1024x768, failsafe that doesn't work. The Video card itself detected as Intel815. :shock: