PDA

View Full Version : Minor problems with HDD install

ndrake
09-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Hi,

I just installed 3.3 to my drive. It boots fine, and runs great. I only have a couple problems. One is if I choose Logout | "Login as Another User" in KDE. When I do this, the screen just goes black. It doesn't return me to the KDM (I think it is using KDM) login screen. CTRL-ALT-BS doesn't kill the X server. It just seems to hang. No hard disk activity. The only thing I can do is power down.

Anyone seen this before? An old Mandrake install I had did a similar thing, and I never found a solution.

The second problem is that on boot up, I see a message saying that my ext3 partition is being mounted as ext2. I didn't see any error codes or anything to indicate what the problem is.

This is installed on a Dell Inspiron 8200. It is triple-booted (WinXP, Suse 8.2, Knoppix 3.3), with GRUB as the bootloader. The ext3 FS for Suse mounts fine.

Thanks.

Nate

ndrake
09-29-2003, 12:04 AM
I fixed the problem with the ext3 fs getting mounted as ext2. I forgot to add the initrd option for the debian install in grub.conf. Added that and it mounted as ext3.

Still have the logout problem though.

violinist
09-29-2003, 12:58 AM
I have the logout problem as well, with the 3.3 pre-release (5-9-2003) installed on my system.
does anyone know how to fix it, or whether it is fixed in the later versions?

ndrake
09-29-2003, 02:26 AM
This bug is in bugzilla (Bug# 265). http://www.knoppix.net/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=265