PDA

View Full Version : Having problems updating KDE due to libvorbis?

mightydavefish
09-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Hi,
I installed Knoppix to the hard drive with no problems, everything seems to be working just great. My problem is that when I run aptitude it reports many KDE packages as being broken and wants to uninstall them. It all seems to come down to libvorbis0 or libvorbis0a (they conflict with each other). Due to that package being broken kdemultimedia is broken and everything else in KDE seems dependent on multimedia. I'm a recent gnome convert and am not sure how to fix this kde problem. I've tried a bunch of different sources.list entries, but can't get around this damn libvorbis blocking my upgrades. I've got stable, testing and unstable in my sources.list. This is a pisser because I don't even use that encoding for anything. Anyone else run into this?

mightydavefish
09-30-2003, 03:42 AM
Ok, no one replied and I found the answer myself on a KDE board somewhere. It appears KDE Multimedia is broken in Unstable, so there may be no easy way to fix it except to wait for whatever is broken to be fixed. As of today it was still broken. It seems that people are working on this, so we may have to just sit tight and wait it out.