PDA

View Full Version : apt-get down? plus, 3.3 not working

kpf8655
09-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Linux newbie here...

I've been playing with Knoppix 3.2 for a couple of weeks. Just got the new 3.3 and it will not recognize my sound card (PC Chips M925 mobo with Via sound onboard). Actually, it recognizes it, just can't seem to make use of it. 3.2 (07/24 version) worked just fine - earlier 3.2 couldn't use it either. Any ideas?

More importantly, I was tinkering with a remaster per the remastering instructions. I got to the apt-get update part. It would get most of the way through, then just hang and eventually time out. Is the apt-get system/server/? down?

Dave_Bechtel
09-29-2003, 09:29 PM
The "ftp.de." server has been down for the past few days.

' cd /etc/apt '
' cp sources.list sources.list.bkp ' == Make bkp

' jstar /etc/apt/sources.list ', Ctrl-Q,A and search "ftp.de." , replace with "ftp2.fr." for all instances; Ctrl-K,X to save/exit. Then run apt-get update/upgrade again.

--Other mirrors are here: http://www.debian.org/mirror/list

Linux newbie here...

I've been playing with Knoppix 3.2 for a couple of weeks. Just got the new 3.3 and it will not recognize my sound card (PC Chips M925 mobo with Via sound onboard). Actually, it recognizes it, just can't seem to make use of it. 3.2 (07/24 version) worked just fine - earlier 3.2 couldn't use it either. Any ideas?

More importantly, I was tinkering with a remaster per the remastering instructions. I got to the apt-get update part. It would get most of the way through, then just hang and eventually time out. Is the apt-get system/server/? down?

kpf8655
09-29-2003, 09:38 PM
Thanks!