PDA

View Full Version : Can't change samba password from win2K

sanjay
10-02-2003, 08:24 AM
We have a problem with changing domain users password from windows machines (Win2K sp4). We have samba running on a Primary Domain Controller and windows machines are joined to the domain. When users try to change their passwords from windows machines, it says "You do not have permissions to change your password" I googled for this error and found nothing relevant.Btw, I have samba3.0 on a knoppix system. Did any one face the same problem? Could anyone help me out how to solve this problem?

hw-tph
10-06-2003, 08:40 AM
I have never used Samba on this scale, with domains and the Samba server as master. I suggest you check a few things though:

1. In your smb.conf, do you have "enable UNIX password sync" set? This might not be needed and could cause troubles.

2. Make sure the "changepass" line in the [global] part is set correctly, same goes for the "passwd chat" line.

The O'Reilly book Using Samba 2nd Edition is very helpful and was released to the public (free online) earlier this year: http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/ch09.html

hw