PDA

View Full Version : using knopppix-installer

A. Jorge Garcia
10-04-2003, 02:11 AM
I tried to use knoppix-installer instead of the usual cfdisk or qtparted with knx-hdinstall combo.

The only problem I have is the setup makes it so I don't get to make a boot disk! It only lets me put lilo in the MBR (which I will never do again...) or the root partition. So I selected the root, but then there's no option to make a boot disk (as in knx-hdinstall).

Am I missing something here???

TIA,

Stephen
10-04-2003, 02:42 AM
Am I missing something here???

TIA,

You must be Fabian makes a specific reference to creating a floppy in this thread (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5017) listing the changes in version 3.3 I have not used the new installer since the improvements so I can't really be of more help than this but it's there somewhere.

jacarr
10-04-2003, 07:50 AM
I think you may have missed a step; I've just done two knoppix-installer installs today. Both times I was asked if I wanted to create a boot disk and to click 'No' if I didn't. Perhaps it's something to do with how someone goes through the installer process? Granted, both tries involved a "knoppix" install vs. "debian" install; maybe that's the difference?

bxb32001
10-24-2003, 04:01 AM
I just installed last night and boy was it sweet! I couldn't believe it was that easy so I did it again to make sure I didn't miss anything... nope, not a thing.

One thing to note though, I used qtparted first...