PDA

View Full Version : Biostar M7VKQ (M7SUA) LAN

bubbagump
10-04-2003, 03:37 AM
Hi, I'm currently trying a remaster of knoppix called Overclockix, and when I try to boot from it, it detects my onboard NIC (see title for motherboard) but it doesn't want to configure it.

I have not yet tried manually configuring it, but DHCP doesn't want to work whenever I do netcardconfig or whatever its called...

I also tried a D-Link DFE-530TX+ and it detected it, yet it owuld not configure it either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Fold and Frag on
Brian

arkaine23
10-04-2003, 06:15 PM
I created overclockix. Just let everyone know- it is not substantially different from regular knoppix. Programs have been added and removed, it has a few extra drivers, and the look of the default desktops has been modified. Other than that, it is still v3.2 from 06-06- though much of the software was updated to the newest testing releases available in mid-August.

I have a feeling it is the NIC module. And would suggest a known good PCI NIC- such as a realtek which is inexpensive and very common. Can you ping your router, or other sites? Have you tried using a different Cat5 cable? Made sure that the port you're using is not an uplink port, etc?

If anyone has expeience with this board, it will help us out- no matter which version of knoppix you use.

Also instructions for loading a module off a floppy disk or using expert mode could help. I have never done either of these things....

bubbagump
10-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Well, I sorta took the easy way out and installed redhat which had driver support for the SiS 900 chipset..

But after a bit of configuration, I was able to ping the router (This is while I was in overclockix).

I am positive it was not the port, becuase that is the same one I had been using for a couple months on my rig, and am using now. But mainly its purpose was to fold, and I got it folding..but I will try to get some more info on it later...if I can get the net working on it..