PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.3 & kernel 2.6-test6

juan_sck
10-05-2003, 10:55 PM
I compiled 2.6-test6 in a Gericom SilverShadow II, and after a few tries almost everything works fine (ACPI works at last, sound, framebuffer...), but whenever I start I have to do modprobe ohci-hcd (I aded ohci-hcd to my /etc/modules, but it didnt work), and my touch screen (the laptop muse) dosent works correctly, its very hard moving it slowly and when I hit twice it dosent works like a click, it just moves. I tryed other protocols for the mouse with mouseconfig but none went fine (IM/PS2 dosent work bad at all)

please can some body help my?

if anyone has same laptop and wants to try the new kernel I can give my .config file

rickenbacherus
04-11-2004, 11:31 PM
I compiled 2.6-test6 in a Gericom SilverShadow II, and after a few tries almost everything works fine (ACPI works at last, sound, framebuffer...), but whenever I start I have to do modprobe ohci-hcd (I aded ohci-hcd to my /etc/modules, but it didnt work), and my touch screen (the laptop muse) dosent works correctly, its very hard moving it slowly and when I hit twice it dosent works like a click, it just moves. I tryed other protocols for the mouse with mouseconfig but none went fine (IM/PS2 dosent work bad at all)

please can some body help my?

if anyone has same laptop and wants to try the new kernel I can give my .config file

Do you have this in /etc/fstab:

usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
none /sys/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0