PDA

View Full Version : task manager removed from knoppix 3.3 ?

electronicjason
10-06-2003, 01:17 AM
Was the task manager removed from Knoppix 3.3? I can't find it anywhere and hitting <ctrl> - <esc> does nothing.

Thanks,
Jason

EdlinUser
10-06-2003, 03:00 AM
Was the task manager removed from Knoppix 3.3? I can't find it anywhere and hitting <ctrl> - <esc> does nothing.

Thanks,
Jason

Thank you. A few hours ago Konqueror crashed from bad javascript and I got nothing from <ctrl><esc>. After a fruitless search for KSystemManager I rebooted. Let's hope this is fixed soon.

dageek
10-06-2003, 02:20 PM
The KDE 'task manager' is actually two programs: ksysguard and ksysguardd, the first of which is the GUI and the latter a daemon.

I tried to install them using:
# apt-get install ksysguard ksysguardd

but apt said:
ksysguardd: Depends: libsensors-1debian1 but it is not installable

in fact, when trying:
# apt-get install libsensors-1debian1

apt said:
Package libsensors-1debian1 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list

Does anyone know to get ksysgaurd installed on 3.3?

dageek

Stephen
10-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know to get ksysgaurd installed on 3.3?

dageek

You can't it's bug 210276 (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=210276) looks like you will have to wait until the re-compile mentioned in the respose to the report.

Daedalus0
01-28-2004, 10:19 AM
I got 3 packages from diffrent sources (rpm seek was the best) and converted some with alien command and ended up with just 3 packages to install ksysguard.
One would be

kdebase-ksysguardd_2.2.2-122_i386.deb
(that would be the daemon, wouldn't it?)

ksysguard_3.1.5-1_i386.deb
(application?)

libsensors1_2.6.3-5_i386.deb

Don't search for the .deb thing, just as I said I might have converted some packages from .rpm ;
If anyone wants to I can send those packages, but they should be eassy to find.